Friday, November 17, 2006




First Graders Are Giving Thanks!

In these days leading up to Thanksgiving, first graders are taking time to appreciate all the wonderful things we are so lucky to have. Here is each students' writing on the topic.

- I am thankful for the turkey on Thanksgiving. I am also thankful for my friends. They are nice.

- I am thankful for having good friends because they help when you get hurt. I like my friends. You can trust them.

- I am thankful for my dad. He is so nice to me and my brother. He helps rescue my cat. He also helps people when there are fires. He cares about others.

- I am thankful for everything, because everything is my life. I like my friends and family, nature and water, and lots of other stuff. But, I really like people. I care about all these things, because they are my life.

- I am thankful for the people that serve our country. If we didn't have people that help us, we wouldn't be here right now. I am also thankful for my family. My mom makes good apple bread. My dogs are big and small.

- I am thankful for being healthy. I take care of myself, so I don't get rotten teeth.

- I am thankful for living animals. We can have pets. We would be lonely if we didn't have animals. Why am I thankful for animals? Because, I love them!

- I am thankful for my brother. I like "J." We watch TV together. We play stuffed animals together. He takes good care of me when I'm sick.

- I am thankful for having good friends. I like my friends. I help my friends. I play with my friends all the time.

- I am thankful for the turkey. I also love my brother and my mom. They read my books at night.

- I am thankful for having good parents and all the wonderful food my mom makes. They help me with my homework.

- I am thankful for my family because I love them. I am thankful for the people that serve our country, because I like the army.

- I am thankful for my pet. Sadie is a good dog. I like it when she goes outside and plays ball with me and my mom. Sadie is my special pet, because I love her.

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

We are thankful for Mr. Rubin who takes the time and energy to be a wonderful teacher to our children!!
*H*A*P*P*Y* T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*

The Simmons Family

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

I am thankful that I get to spend time with my family for Thanksgiving, and my family includes Mr. Rubin! I am also thankful that I get to work with young people - there is always something to be learned from students.
The first graders have very kind words to share - how important it is to have things to be thankful for!
-Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home