Wednesday, November 29, 2006




Is it too soon to be thinking about snow? First graders worked hard on their writing this week, thinking about the perfect snow day. Hopefully, the fluffy white will be falling soon!

- I like to snowboard, because you get to go off snow jumps. I would go off a jump. You can, because we go off snow hills.

-I will eat candy and drink hot chocolate. I will snowboard. I will bring Mom, Jacob, Kat, Chris and Dad. We could go sledding.


-I would make snow sculptures. Then, I would go ice-skating and snow-sliding on a hill. Then, I would go inside and have some hot chocolate and cookies.

-I would go sledding, snowboarding, and skiing. When I go outside, I will run to get energy.

-One day I woke up and then I saw it was a snow day. I got outside. I got my mittens and jacket on to go outside. After we have fun, we will go inside. We will have hot chocolate and cookies. We will have the best snow day ever.

-I would be excited because I would get to go sledding with my mom, dad, Sadie, and Jocelyn. I would go inside and have cookies and hot chocolate with my mom, dad, and Sadie would have dog food. Then we will go outside and make and igloo!

-One day, I woke up at 2:00 and saw a snowy day. I would play with Nick. I would eat strawberries. I would drink hot chocolate. I would make a snowman. I love snow. Do you? I’ll live happily ever after.

-I would go get my dad and mom. I will ask my mom to make hot chocolate and cookies. Then, I will ask my dad if we can go outside for a minute.

-One morning, I woke up and saw a blizzard. Then, I went outside my door. Then, I woke my brother up, and we went outside and had a snowball fight. I played on my trampoline, went sledding, and played on my structure and my swings.

-One morning I got up and went outside after my breakfast. I made a big snow fort. It was a huge, huge snow fort!

-I will wake up and I will get my snowsuit on. I will go sledding and I will go make snowmen. I will go snowmobiling with my dad, Connor, my dogs and cats, my mom, and my sister.

-When it’s a snow day, I would ask my sister if she would want to come outside and play. Then, I would call Kayti and see if she wants to play with us. Then, I would go inside and eat cookies and drink hot chocolate. We would go back outside and make an igloo. We would go sledding. After that, we would go ski. Then we would go play inside.

-One morning, it was snowing. I went outside and played outside. Then, I would go back inside and eat warm food. Then I would go back outside.

-If I woke up and it was a snow day, I would go outside and play. I would sled. It would be fun. I would like that. I would be fun, super duper fun. I would like it very much.

-One morning I woke up and looked out my window. It was pouring snow. I was so happy. Then, I got dressed in my snowsuit and went outside. I went sledding with Cam. Then we went inside and had hot chocolate and marshmallows and more chocolate.

6 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

Can you believe it is already December and we are still wearing sweatshirts, instead of winter coats?
My favorite day in the winter is when I get to wake up and see a blizzard outside. I know that means that I will get to stay home and play with Abby and her sisters!!
I make sure everyone has a warm breakfast, then we bundle up and go outside. We have a great hill that we go sledding on. We just have to watch out for the pine tree, the stone wall, or the neighbor's clothes line!
Snow angels are also a favorite of mine.
When we can't stand the cold one minute longer because our eyelashes are turning into icicles, in we go for a nice cup of hot chocolate and a warm blanket to cuddle up in!

These days could be here before we know it. I hope you all get a few snow days this year. It sounds like you have some wonderful plans!
Sincerely,
Kelly (Abby's mom)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

Wow! Thank you so much for the comment. Abby and Mr. Rubin shared this comment with the class, and they loved it. They all hope to spend a snow day with the Loynd's!
Stay warm!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

Reminder to first graders from Mrs. Yaz and Mrs Kruzlic: Remember - if you must eat snow, only eat it when it is younger than one day old!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

I love snow, too. I get excited just thinking about it!

I also love your blog! It makes me want to eat cookies and drink hot chocolate- yum!

Do you ever lay down on the snow in your snowsuit and move your arms to make a snow angel?

Have fun in the snow!

Martha (Mr. Rubin's mom)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

Moooooo....

Mrs. Yaz and Mrs. Kruzlic,

Thank you for putting a nice comment on our blog. Reminder to you: Only eat the white snow, no matter how old it is! We miss you on snowy days. We would like to invite you to our room for a story, if you have the time.

Much Love,

The First Grade

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

Moooooo....

Mrs. Yaz and Mrs. Kruzlic,

Thank you for putting a nice comment on our blog. Reminder to you: Only eat the white snow, no matter how old it is! We miss you on snowy days. We would like to invite you to our room for a story, if you have the time.

Much Love,

The First Grade

 

Post a Comment

<< Home