Friday, January 26, 2007



Thank you to the Lewis Family! Jacob and his family took our classroom project of secret island design to the next level! They build a three dimentional "Lewis Family Island" at home. Luckily, they let the rest of the class in on the fun, and brought it into school. Here are some of our responses.

I like the treehouse the best. I like how you put details on the picnic table. I was entranced when I first saw it.

I love the details and if we didn't have Jacob in our class we wouldn't have this wonderful map in our classroom. It's a great creation. Thank you for bringing in the map!

I like the treehouse. Did you make it?

I like the boat. I like the treehouse. I love the Lewis Family Island, because islands are fun to make.

I like the waterslide because it slides on the island! I love the pop up. Everything on the map is stupendous. It is immense. It made me entranced.

I like the hideout because I like watching out for ships!

I like the waterslide and the boat and the treehouse. If I went to the island, I would want to see a bald eagle!

I like to swim in the water. I would go the the Lewis Family Island.

I love it! I like the pop up boat and watersilde. If I can visit it, I would be delighted.

I like your treehouse and your extraordinary waterslide on the edge of the island. What is the thing with red on the seat? Oh, it's a firepit!

On the Lewis map of their island there is a waterslide. The garden is beautiful. It would be a long journey to get there.

I like the waterslide because it looks like the best waterslide ever. It's a pop up waterslide. The water comes into the island for the waterslide.

I love your map because it's a good map. I like the tree.

It is so extraordinary, because it is a place where you can have lots of fun.

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

Hi First Graders!

I am so glad you all enjoyed our secret island project! We had alot of fun thinking of what it would look like, planning out how to make it, and then creating it!!
I loved your comments, I thought for a minute I was reading fourth graders, your vocabularys are really becoming incredible! I liked the way you described certain parts of the island. We really had fun making this project, thank you so much for the insperation. I look forward to our next project together!! Happy Very Cold Friday!! Melanie

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

Good Morning to the First Grade. My name is Carol Campbell, but someone in your class knows me better as Gramma. I am so proud of Jacob and his island project. When Jake comes to my house for his sleepovers we plan theme partys. We once did an african one in which we made gorilla costumes and decorated the kitchen to look like a jungle, and the next time we did China and even ate with chopsticks. It is alway fun when Jake is here. Good luck to all of you this year and keep learning. From Carol (Gramma)

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Ben's First Grade said...

Dear Carol,

When Jake sleeps over you have good ideas and use your imaginations. It sounds delightful. Thank you for your comment. I hope you have a really good sleep over next time Jake comes over.

Love,
The First Graders

 

Post a Comment

<< Home